|Object Name||Digital photograph|
Water Street - The intersection of Lewis and Water streets about 1912. Until 1894, Water Street had been known as Harbor Lane; that year, a number of street names in Marion were changed. The road from Rochester became Elm Street, and several other well-used but unnamed roads also received names. The rambling house at left was built for Frederick Cutler, a Boston lumber merchant, in the 1890s, in the Shingle Style then popular for residential architecture. In 1972, the owner separated the structure into two parts that now set on adjacent lots as 4 and 8 Water Street.
2nd digital photograph "A Summer Residence, Marion, Mass."
Water Street 4
Water Street 8
Postcard History of Marion
Cutler, Frederick B.
|Title||Water Street, Marion, Mass.|